In addition to relating well to kids and parents, Dr. Burkhart is the respected author of many articles (and even a textbook) on dermatology. Links to a few of them are listed below.
You may also find useful information in our blog and at these sites:
- Society for Pediatric Dermatology – pedsderm.net
- Acne – acneandrosacea.org
- Dermatitis – www.contactderm.org or www.skinsafeproducts.com
- Eczema – nationaleczema.org
- Port-wine stain – sturge-weber.org
- A Multidisciplinary Consensus for Clinical Care and Research Needs for Sturge-Weber Syndrome.
- Adverse effects of acne medications: recognition and management.
- Genetics of hemangiomas, vascular malformations, and primary lymphedema.
- High-dose isotretinoin treatment and the rate of retrial, relapse, and adverse effects in patients with acne vulgaris.
- A review of contemporary options for medical management of hemangiomas, other vascular tumors, and vascular malformations.
- Treatment of alopecia areata in children.
- Systemic therapies for pediatric atopic dermatitis: a review for the primary care physician.
- Immunotherapy for childhood warts.
- The management of condyloma acuminata in the pediatric population.
- Therapies for pediatric seborrheic dermatitis.
- Treatment of head lice.
- Safety and efficacy of pediculicides for head lice.
The skin I’m in is just a covering.
It cannot tell my story.
If you want to know who I am,
you have got to come inside and
open your heart way wide.
“All of my family loves Dr. Burkhart. I have several children and have been to many dermatologists. He is the best and all my kids go to him now. I wish I was able to be his patient too, but he only sees children.”
~ happy parent
to our mailing list