To help protect patients and staff from the spread of COVID-19, we have expanded our hours for online visits with Dr. Burkhart. Our online visits allow children and teenagers to be evaluated and get their needed prescriptions without leaving their home. No special equipment, downloads, logins, or training are required for our online visits. You only need a cellphone or computer with access to FaceTime, Skype, or Google Hangouts. The team at Burkhart Pediatric & Adolescent Dermatology is excited to offer our patients and families this important service. Call our office to schedule an online appointment at (919) 476-1118 and we will take it from there.
We will also continue to offer in-person dermatology visits during our normal hours. However, if you or your child has recently traveled or has a fever, cough, or a cold, please consider staying home and utilizing our telemedicine service.
We are also protecting our staff and guests by the following measures:
- Encouraging all guests to wash hands frequently
- Enhanced cleansing of all surfaces and toys in patient rooms and our greeting area
- Providing readily available sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer throughout our office
- No employees in our clinic will have a fever, cough, or cold
- Limiting the time patients and families spend in our greeting area
- Limiting the number of appointments scheduled to prevent crowding during check-in and check-out
- Daily review of the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and NCDHHS (North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services) recommendations on preventing the spread of COVID-19
The Burkhart Pediatric & Adolescent Dermatology Team